Our radiology residency program is structured to give residents a comprehensive and solid foundation in general diagnostic radiology, yet is flexible enough to allow additional areas of interest in the curriculum. We believe diversity enhances the educational experience of our residents and faculty while strengthening our specialty and our profession; we highly value applicants from diverse backgrounds
Our program is a well-rounded hybrid type program with academic affiliations with Creighton University and the University of Arizona. We have excellent, well-trained faculty who are passionate about teaching residents.
Mission: To educate, train and inspire all Dignity Health St Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center radiology residents so that each graduate is a board-certified radiologist committed to:
- Improving patient care through diagnostic imaging
- Continuing professional education throughout their career as a radiologist
- Lifelong commitment of selfless service to the Community as an educator
Our program at St Joseph’s Hospital is dedicated to the growth and education of young radiologists who will serve as leaders in their field. We educate, train and inspire our residents so that each graduate, as a board-certified radiologist, is committed to improving patient care through diagnostic imaging.
We provide a quality educational experience with excellent volume and diverse cases in diagnostic and interventional radiology. We are home to a busy Level I trauma center and emergency department and also have exposure to complex imaging interpretation and procedures through Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute and Center for Liver/Hepatobiliary Disease. We offer a team approach to patient care with interdepartmental collegiality. Our program offers state-of-the art imaging centers housing the latest digital technologies and PACS integration.
We offer a strong educational environment with dedicated and passionate faculty dedicated to educating future leaders in radiology. We are a well-rounded, hybrid type program with Creighton University and the University of Arizona academic affiliations. Continued active participation of residents and faculty in Scholarly Activities and Quality improvement and Patient Safety projects has given the residents experience to foster lifelong research participation. We inspire to lead by example, having numerous dedicated and passionate faculty role models. We feel one of the measures of success in our program is excelling in faculty recruitment with retention of several former residents to promote our teaching model.
Ultimately, we aim to develop balanced radiologists who are committed to selfless service as an educator. Residents achieve individual success and their top choices for fellowship in competitive subspecialties and prestigious programs. We encourage continued professional education and lifelong research participation through the superb educational and professional environment provided at St Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center.
- Provide diverse educational experiences to become competent, practical and valuable radiologists.
- Graduate radiologists with a lifelong commitment to being life-long learners.
- Establish and mentor future leaders and role models at the regional and national level.
- Produce board-certified radiologists capable of practicing in various medical environments, including private practice, academia and industry with emphasis on inquiry, innovation, quality and safety.
- Achieve and maintain position as the premiere Radiology Residency training program in Arizona through a combined partnership with Valleywise Health Medical Center under the sponsorship of Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance in Phoenix.