Our radiology residency program is structured to give residents a comprehensive and solid foundation in general diagnostic radiology, yet is flexible enough to allow additional areas of interest in the curriculum. We believe diversity enhances the educational experience of our residents and faculty while strengthening our specialty and our profession; we highly value applicants from diverse backgrounds
Our program is a well-rounded hybrid type program with academic affiliations with Creighton University and the University of Arizona. We have excellent, well-trained faculty who are passionate about teaching residents.
Mission: To educate, train and inspire all Creighton University Phoenix School of Medicine residents so that each graduate is a board-certified radiologist committed to:
- Improving patient care through diagnostic imaging
- Continuing professional education throughout their career as a radiologist
- Lifelong commitment of selfless service to the Community as an educator Our program is combined between two sites.
St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center and Valleywise Health (formerly Maricopa Medical Center) are the primary clinical sites. We are dedicated to the growth and education of young radiologists who will serve as leaders in their field. We educate, train, and inspire our residents so that each graduate, as a board-certified radiologist, is committed to improving patient care through diagnostic imaging.
We provide a quality educational experience with excellent volume and diverse cases in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology. Both sites are home to a busy Level I Trauma Center and Emergency Department. The residents also have exposure during rotations to complex imaging interpretation and procedures through Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute and Center for Liver/Hepatobiliary Disease, Phoenix Children's Hospital and Phoenix Veteran's Administration Medical Center. We offer a team approach to patient care with interdepartmental collegiality. Our program offers state-of-the art imaging centers housing the latest digital technologies and PACS integration.
We offer a strong educational environment with dedicated faculty who are passionate about educating future leaders in radiology. We are a well-rounded, hybrid type program affiliated with Creighton University. Continued active participation of residents and faculty in Scholarly Activities and Quality improvement and Patient Safety projects has given the residents experience to foster lifelong research participation. We inspire to lead by example, having numerous dedicated faculty who mentor the residents and also serve as role models. We feel one of the measures of success in our program is excelling in faculty recruitment with retention of several former residents to promote our teaching model.
Ultimately, we aim to develop balanced radiologists who are committed to selfless service as an educator. Residents achieve individual success and their top choices for fellowship in competitive sub-specialties and prestigious programs. We encourage continued professional education and lifelong research participation through our superb educational and professional environment.
- Provide diverse educational experiences to develop successful radiologists with a commitment to life-long learning.
- Establish and mentor future leaders and role models at the regional and national level.
- Produce board certified radiologists capable of practicing in various healthcare environments including private practice, academia, research, and industry with an emphasis on inquiry, innovation, and quality and safety.
- Achieve and maintain the position as the premier Radiology Residency training program in AZ and the southwest region.
- Continue to achieve the highest quality fellowship match results for our residents.