Our mission is to train excellent obstetrician gynecologists to be capable of independent practice in our specialty, eligible for competitive fellowship programs, and to function as leaders within the community. The structure of our program allows our residents to gain experience by caring for diverse patient population.
Our four-year residency program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The Obstetric Services at both hospitals combined have over 7,000 deliveries per year (35% high risk) and both are tertiary care centers that receive maternal-transport patients.
Our mission is to train excellent, diverse obstetrician-gynecologists to practice our specialty independently, gain competitive fellowships as desired, and to function as community leaders. The structure of our program allows our residents to gain experience by caring for a diverse patient population
- To produce skilled surgeons who can operate independently in a variety of settings, with special focus on offering patients appropriate minimally invasive approaches to hysterectomy and other gynecologic surgeries.
- To produce physicians who understand that quality improvement (QI) and patient safety (PS) are an integral part of healthcare delivery and can thus be physician leaders in improving patient outcomes.
- To produce physician advocates for women’s health care at local, state, national, and international levels. Our residents will attend didactics on the role of professional organizations in health-care advocacy. Opportunities for deeper involvement in advocacy through local, regional and national organizations will be offered.
- To produce physicians who understand that one of the responsibilities of physicians is to contribute to the field of Ob/Gyn through scholarly activity, specifically through the products of peer reviewed manuscripts, presentations, and curricula.
- To produce physicians who appreciate health-care disparities and possess the understanding of the obligation to reduce them.
- To educate residents and fellows in a healthy, supportive learning environment that supports physician wellness. The Creighton value of “cura personalis” or care for the whole person will be paramount in our residency.