Creighton Alliance partners are taking important steps to help contain the Coronavirus and minimize risk to patients, hospital staff and the general public. Click here for our latest updates.
- Emergency Medicine
- Associate Professor, Affiliate Faculty, Department of Emergency Medicine
Retention of Basic Life Support Knowledge and Skills in Adolescents and Lay Adults: A Prospective Comparison, SAEM 1997 Annual Meeting Washington, D.C., May 19-22, 1997; Funded by a grant from the Arizona Chapter of the American Heart Association.
Retention of Basic Life Support Knowledge and Skills in Adolescents and Lay Adults: A Prospective Comparison. Academic Excellence Day, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, May 14, 1997
Ketamine in Subanesthetic Doses for Painful ED Procedures: A Randomized, Double-blinded Clinical Trial- Preliminary Results, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, May 6, 1998
Butler BS, Silides PJ, Bay C, Gin-Shaw S, Pollack CV. Retention of Basic Life Support Knowledge and Skills in Adolescents and Lay Adults: A Prospective Comparison. (Abstract) Academic Emergency Medicine, 4(5):502, 1997.
Bruner DI and Butler BS. Smallpox vaccine related myopericarditis incidence increased with the new smallpox vaccine. Letter to the Editor. The Journal of Emergency Medicine Volume 46, Issue No. 3, March 2014.
Butler BS. ITLS International Trauma Life Support, Military Second Edition. Reviewing editor. Pearson Learning Solutions, 2014.
Butler BS, Bostwick T, Glynn P, Kitamura B, and Oliviera L. GSACEP Coreman Lecture Series. GSACEP/ACEP Grant, 2015.
Butler BS. ITLS International Trauma Life Support, Military Third Edition. Author “K9 Care” Chapter. Pearson Learning Solutions pending publication.
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (2010, 2012, 2014, 2017)
- Army Commendation Medal (2018)
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (2016)
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal (2011)
- Sigma Chi Fraternity/Beta Phi Chapter- Hall of Honor (2012)
- John E. Campbell 2003 BTLS International Medical Director of the Year (2003)
- Maricopa Emergency Medicine Senior Resident of the Year 1997-1998 (1998)
- Community Scholar Award, University of Arizona College of Medicine (1994)
- Dean's Scholarship, University of Arizona College of Medicine (1990-94)
- Phi Kappa Phi, University of Arizona (1990)
- Bobcats Senior Honor Society (1989-90)
- George C. Rhule National Scholarship Award, Sigma Chi Fraternity (1989)
- Freshman Man of the Year, University of Arizona (1987)