Faculty and residents from the Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance were well-represented at the 11th Annual Southwest Trauma & Acute Care Symposium Nov. 14 and 15 in Scottsdale.
The symposium, presented by the Arizona Trauma Association, included podium presentations as well as poster presentations.
Three of the five podium presentations were by Creighton Alliance physicians.
- Christopher Mellon, DO, fourth-year resident, General Surgery, Valleywise Health
- Levi Filler, DO, Emergency Medicine faculty, Valleywise Health
- Wendy Liu, DO, third-year resident, General Surgery, Valleywise Health
In the poster presentations, five Creighton Alliance residents participated out of 14 total poster presentations. Presenters were:
- Kenneth Hassler, DO, fifth-year resident, General Surgery, Valleywise Health
- Gregory Lifferth, DPM, third-year resident, Podiatric Medicine & Surgery Residency with Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery
- Sharjeel Israr, MD, first-year resident, Internal Medicine, Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
- Aaron Hechtman, DO, fourth-year resident, General Surgery, Valleywise Health
- Anushi Shah, MD, fifth-year resident, General Surgery, Valleywise Health